In the interests of keeping Lawrieongold readers up with my latest musings on precious metals, here are links to my most recent articles published on the Sharps Pixley website
SHARPS PIXLEY MARKET REPORTS
- LAWRIE WILLIAMS: Are GLD withdrawals a threat to the gold price?So far this year the world’s biggest gold ETF, GLD, has shed around 62 tonnes of gold – worth nearly $2.6 billion. Is this additional supply a threat to the longer term gold price?
- LAWRIE WILLIAMS: Gold Jumps, Dow crashes as US/China trade war escalatesYesterday’s tit-for-tat Chinese tariff impositions on some U.S, goods saw American equities crash and the gold price rise, There may be something of a recovery today but this could be shortlived.
- LAWRIE WILLIAMS: China SGE gold withdrawals sharply down in AprilLatest figures released by the Shanghai Gold Exchange see a year-on-year gold withdrawals fall in April which may signify a downturn in Chinese growth this year, although it is probably still too early in the year to make such a judgement.
- LAWRIE WILLIAMS: Platinum supply may move into deficit this yearAccording to latest analysis by pgm specialist Johnson Matthey, Platinum supply/demand could move into deficit in 2019, although the WPIC and Metals Focus both disagree, .
- LAWRIE WILLIAMS: Palladium price falls back below goldHigh flying palladium has, this morning, seen its price fall sharply and is currently trading below gold for the first time in several months. Although its fundamentals still look strong the change in investor sentiment may keep it down.